The video above is good fun, but is totally unrealistic. Chapters BB and CC of the Party Rule Book mandate electronic voting for internal elections, through a website or freephone telephone number - no paper ballots. This has the following benefits:
- Cheaper than a paper-based election.
- Easier to audit.
- No physical count required - results can be available immediately after the ballot closes.
- Much more spore space available for candidate info - including web links and videos!
Our EV system has been thouroughly tested on NEC members, Regional Organisers etc., and works as follows:
Those with no access to a computer or internet skills will be able to vote using a Freephone number - no-one will be left behind!Try it Yourself!
In order to train up NEC, MEPS, regional officials etc., we designed a fun training ballot based on a great british institution (hint: pre-publicity for "Spectre" was running strong at the time.)
You can click here to try it.
The demo ballot models three scenarios:
- FPTP single winner election, e.g. Party Leadership.
- FPTP multiple winner election, e.g. NEC members.
- A list ranking election, e.g. choosing Welsh Assembly candidates.
Click here to see what a set of sample results would look like.